Sunday 23 August 2015

Patch tick!

It was generally pretty quiet at Collingham today -  4 Curlew were the best of the waders on offer. However, whilst birding along Northcroft Lane in the hope of a Redstart or Pied Fly, I heard a brief snatch of what sounded like a Nuthatch - not a bird I have ever seen on the patch before, but it was quite breezy and I'd only half heard it over the wind. It didn't call again, and the tit flock that was in the area moved off. I wandered up and down a couple of times before heading back towards the car, where I encountered the tit flock again. I gave it some time, and after a while a Nuthatch flew across between the ash trees and then called - hurrah! It had taken almost an hour, but worth the perseverance. Number 132 for Patchwork Challenge, only three off last years total (and I still haven't seen Golden Plover, Tawny Owl or Lesser Redpoll). 

No comments:

Post a Comment