Thursday 26 September 2013

RCP gripback

I was a bit perplexed to see on the Notts Birdwatchers website that two Red-crested Pochards had been seen yesterday at Collingham. Having missed one already this year, I was keen to see these birds, so made that my mission tonight. But no sign on Ferry Lane Lake. Fortunately, John E then arrived and informed me that he'd had these birds on his WeBS count on Sunday, and that they were on Wharf Pit - which I must confess I haven't checked for a couple of weeks. And there indeed they were, 2 eclipse drakes; 131 for the Patchwork Challenge list and a good gripback. 

RCP's

Whilst grilling John, we also had 3 Grey Plover put down briefly, before continuing south. 40 minutes or so later, another Grey Plover called in on Ferry Lane Lake - whether a new bird or one of the original 3 I'm not sure, but good to see waders dropping in. However, other waders were thin on the ground, with no Dunlin or Ringed Plover and only one LRP now present, whilst single Greenshank and Green Sand flew up from Mons Pool whilst I was looking at the Silt Lagoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment