Friday 20 September 2013

Clocking 130

After a false start with the scoter a week or so back, I finally notched up 130 species for my Patchwork Challenge list - a juvenile Water Rail, feeding along the edge of the reedbed on Mons Pool. Unfortunately by the time I'd zipped back to the car for my camera it had vanished, but it was good to get this species under my belt at last.

On the wader front, John Ellis had just found a Ruff on Ferry Lane Lake when I arrived; only my third of the autumn at Collingham this year. The Dunlin flock had increased by one since yesterday, with 8 present, and 7 Ringed Plovers trying to hide an LRP. Single Greenshank and Green Sand were also present along with 44 Wigeon. At Mons Pool, aside from the Water Rail, 4 Curlew and a single Green Sand were the best I could do. 

Where the Water Rail was...

No comments:

Post a Comment