Friday 13 January 2012

Owl be back

Determined to get some better pics of the Short-eared Owls at Cotham Flash, I finished work early and headed that way this afternoon. I began by trailing round trying to find a gull flock to go through, but none were easily viewable (either to distant, obscured, or into awful light).

So I gave up with gulls, and tried my luck with owls. Staying at Cotham Flash, I had nice views of one Short-eared Owl floating around the back of the site - they really are superb birds - but it didn't want its picture taken. The only time it perched in a good position, it was in shade rather than in the lovely late-afternoon orange light washing over everything. Another SEO was over towards the cycle path, landing on the northern flank of 'Ayer's Rock', with this or another over Hawton Works Grassland a bit later.

Giving up trying to take bad shots of birds (but still determined to get a better shot of the SEO's at some point!) I went home, and took a bad picture of Jupiter instead.

Jupiter and the Galilean moons (Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto)


No comments:

Post a Comment