Thursday 8 September 2016

Mixed success

I had a quick look at the patch on the way back across from Edwinstowe after work this evening. This proved to be a good call; I'd just seen a message about an Osprey earlier at Langford, and as I arrived at Mons Pool, there, sat on the small post in front of the new viewing screen, was an Osprey. Fantastic! This makes up for missing the bird last week. 





I walked up the side of Mons Pool for a better look, coming across a Great White Egret stood out in the middle. This is the second patch GWE this year, and judging from the size and shape of the smudge at the tip of the bill, a different bird. It also gives me finders points for Patchwork Challenge, which I didn't get for the previous bird (which had first been found at Langford).



A quick scan of Mons didn't reveal anything else, so I headed home for supper. I'd only just started eating when I had a tweet from Dave Read about a Temminck's Stint... at Mons Pool. Doh! I headed straight back out, but the bird had departed by the time I arrived - although it sounds like it may have dropped back in (with two Ringed Plover), so a check first thing tomorrow is on order.

No comments:

Post a Comment