Friday 17 June 2016

Ending a 7 month dry spell

I'm not a big twitcher, it has to be said, but I like seeing new birds. There have been a couple of things this spring that have tempted me - Black-billed Cuckoo and Great Spotted Cuckoo stand out (not the dodgy pelican though). I really should've gone for the former, but I certainly couldn't resist the Great Knot at Titchwell, so I took today off work to go and see it.

 After a yomp down to the beach at Titchwell, the bird showed well for a period before becoming rather elusive - it was surprising how difficult it was to pick out at times, and how camouflaged it was against the mussel beds that the large Knot flock was feeding on. A very nice bird indeed, and my first British tick since the Chersterfield Crag Martin last November...





No comments:

Post a Comment