Monday 1 September 2014

Weekend wanderings

Two patch visits at the weekend - the first was on Saturday with my mate Dave; I was returning the favour from June when he took me round several bird-filled sites on Merseyside by showing some equally bird-filled sites on my patch. In fact we hit it lucky at Mons; I was just talking about finding a Pied Fly or Redstart along the footpath up the western boundary when a Redstart flew across - a male. There was nothing else much though -  1 Ruff, 1 Green Sand, 2 Curlew and a Dunlin. Meering held a solitary Greenshank.

Sunday, and I had a brief, obscured, tail-end view of what was almost certainly another (or the same) Redstart on Northcroft Lane, but I couldn't relocate it. There was a good little selection of warblers in the hedgerows here, plus my first patch Goldcrests of the autumn (3). The only waders were 4 Curlew and a Green Sand


No comments:

Post a Comment