Wednesday 26 June 2013

Last night and today

I had a fantastic encounter with a pair of Nightjars last night, at a site just south of Retford; I was actually visiting for work, and was please to see these birds; no churring, but plenty of calling and they came and investigated me whilst it was still relatively light. Brilliant birds. A couple of roding Woodcock were also doing fly-pasts, along with some large Nyctalus-type bats - should've brought my bat detector!

Today, a visit to Collingham found the amount of wader habitat on Ferry Lane Lake continuing to expand, and held 12 LRPs, including a fully grown juvenile; I don't think this was bred at this site, and judging from the numbers there must've been a mini influx. Other birds included a juvenile Black-headed Gull (again not locally bred), whilst Mons Pool held 35 Gadwall, single drake Wigeon and Teal, and 2 Great Crested Grebe nests.

No comments:

Post a Comment