Monday 6 May 2013

Dotterel at Gringley

East Markham is a nice little village south-east of Retford, and is the location of my BBS square. I had a nice stroll around there this morning, with a pair of Grey Partridges the highlight, as well as 4 singing Blackcaps. As I was already halfway to Gringley, I decided to go and see the 6 Dotterel that are currently occupying a peafield on Gringley Carr. Well worth it, although they were a little distant and even at 9am the heat haze was quite bad. There was at least one nice smart female amongst them.



Dotterel on Gringley Carr

A brief visit to Collingham Pits then produced two patch yearticks; a genuine, 100% Feral Pigeon (on its own, flying south-west) and a Garden Warbler singing on the island at Mons Pool, where I also counted 63 Cormorant nests - somewhat down on my count of 90 last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment