Sunday 14 June 2015

RNP, no GBT

Earlier in the week, I enjoyed the Red-necked Phalarope at Langford Lowfields - my second for Notts after the one at Kilvington Lakes a few back. The following day, I was tantalised by the Gull-billed Tern at Lound, but it seemingly did a flit before I left work, which I supposed saved my chasing round the site trying to pin it down in the evening. 





This weekend, most of yesterday was spent playing hockey in the rain, but a late afternoon patch visit produced the thick end of not much at all, and much of today was doing stuff in the house, with a trip up to Girton to do my WeBS count; there were several hundred House Martins and Swallows feeding on chironomid midges along Trent Lane, swooping past at head height - maybe 300 of the former and 150 of the latter, but difficult to say. A 1st summer male Goldeneye was the the pick of the wildfowl; I wish I'd gone a-twitching to Norfolk for the two Acro's on Blakeney Point - both would-be ticks...

No comments:

Post a Comment