Wednesday 26 November 2014

Izzy gonna stay?

I decided last night that if the Isabelline Wheatear was still in Cleveland this morning, I would cash in some of my flexi-leave and take the afternoon off to go and see it. It was reported first thing, so I headed off to Seaton Snook at midday, getting there at about 3pm. There was just one other birder present when I arrived, who had the wheatear in his sights - which was a bit of a relief as I had feared I might be looking for it on my own, with time against me. 

The other birder left after a while, leaving the wheatear all to me. It showed very well, down to a matter of metres at times, dashing between bits of seaweed on the strandline, and also visiting a patch of meal worms several times that someone had put down for it (nowt wrong with that in my book). Unfortunately, having been grey and damp all day the light was pretty bad, so my photos don't come up to scratch... high ISO, slow shutter, etc.. 









My only tick of the autumn, and in fact first tick since the Short-toed Eagle at the end of June!

No comments:

Post a Comment