Saturday 26 April 2014

Up too late

The moral of today's story is drink less beer on Friday night and get up earlier on Saturday; by the time I got onto the patch it was evident that I'd already missed a good period of passage. However, I still bagged a 1st S Little Gull heading NE over Mons Pool with a party of Black-heads, and also got my first Common Terns of the year (no Arctic's though), as well as my first Reed Warblers of the year, with at least 3 suddenly 'in'. In addition, 2 Wheatears were in the ploughed field south of Ferry Lane Lake

At Girton, my first Garden Warbler of the year appeared (I couldn't find any at Collingham), but no Willow Tits, and no terns again; frustrating as Craig Brookes found both Black and Little Terns at Hoveringham today! I finally called it quits after seven and a half hours in the field. 


Orange-tip
Yellow Wag at Meering

No comments:

Post a Comment