Sunday 3 November 2013

Glossy Ibis

News broke yesterday afternoon of a Glossy Ibis at Lowdham; a mega bird for Notts - only the third county record (previously recorded in 2009 at Langford, seen by just a lucky few, and another 100 years before that). By the time I'd finished hockey and seen the news, it was getting a bit late in the day, and I failed to see it, as a) the directions were wrong (the bird is next to the A612, not the A6097), b) it was almost dark when I got there and c) it had already flown off to roost. So I had another go this morning, with my visiting parents in tow (bribed with the promise of a coffee in Southwell on the way home) - which was much more successful! And it was nice to see a lot of Notts birders there.






No patch birding though this weekend; I feel a bit guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment