Friday 8 March 2013

A Med in the mist

With the afternoon off work, I headed to Cotham Landfill for my fist visit in a while. There were lots of Black-headed Gulls, but relatively few large gulls - and most of those that were present were feeding out of sight, so I had to make do with scanning them as and when they took flight. 

After an hour and a half, the best thing I'd managed to find was a Darvic-ringed 3rd W Herring Gull which was close enough to read the ring (for a change) - yellow on left leg 2K2B (one to check out),  but no Glaucs, Yellow-legs or Caspos. I was about to head off when a final scan produced an adult Mediterranean Gull in flight, which then settled on the side of the tip and had a good preen, so at least I didn't leave empty handed. 

Adult Med Gull at Cotham Landfill

No comments:

Post a Comment