Wednesday 9 January 2013

Birding at work

With a site meeting that didn't start until 10, I made a quick visit to Rufford Abbey CP to get Hawfinch on my yearlist; this was successful as I came across two in their usual spot in the lime tree avenue next to the main carpark. With only bins, they were a bit distant in the tops of the trees, but always nice to see. On the walk back to my car, a Marsh Tit was in full song, and there seemed to be Nuthatches everywhere, but no Lesser Spotted Woodpeckers.

After my site meeting, I had to walk the Teversal Trails (to map the extent of calcareous grassland that has been restored there through a project I have been delivering); I got several more yearticks on the walk round in what was gorgeous weather - it felt like spring, not the second week in January. These included a Woodcock (which I flushed in some woodland just inside Derbyshire), around 8 Bullfinches (including one in song), and a singing Willow Tit

No comments:

Post a Comment